Book this luxury Cabin rental in Blue Ridge, GA for your next vacation. Bear Lodge Falls vacation rental is great for Family Reunions vacations and honeymoon vacations.
Bear Lodge Falls is a place to make new memories and share old ones. Enjoy the family arcade room or a making Smores by the waterfalls. There is something for everyone or nothing to do for those who choose to just relax or curl up in a chair with a good book.
Family time begins with family meals together. We offer grocery shopping so that when you arrive, you cabin is stocked with the foods and drinks of your choice. Family Scavenger hunts are available and board games as well. Plan a day long hiking trip with the maps and GPS we provide or pack a picnic for a scenic day exploring Fort Mountain State Park. Horseshoes and Volleyball offered on site as well. Let us know your desires and we will provide the entertainment.
FUN AND GAMES FOR YOUR FAMILY REUNION
Activities, Games & Themed Dinners will spice up your Family Reunion
Outdoor Activities and Games
Equipment Needed – One sack per participant.
How to Play – The old standard…get in a sack and hop to the finish line.
Variation – Put weights in the bottom of the sacks. Even more fun, put lots of weights in there without the people knowing. Ha, ha, ha…Mister Spiffy, you’re so mean.
Equipment Needed – Some short pieces of rope.
How to Play – Divide up into teams of two. Tie the right leg of one teammate to the left leg of the other teammate. Now try to run the race. Hopefully they’ll gradually get in sync and it won’t be quite as hard to make it there.
Variation – Tie five people together and see what happens. Keep moving the numbers up until you have all the kids on two teams, all tied together.
Equipment Needed – One raw egg for each team.
How to Play – Divide up into teams of two. Have them stand, facing each other, two or three feet apart. Pass out the eggs, one to each team. Have the player with the egg throw it to his teammate. After the toss, every team with an unbroken egg is still in the game. Have each team member take one giant step backwards (away from his teammate) and toss the egg again. Repeat this until only one team has an unbroken egg.
Variation – You can also use water balloons, though it isn’t as funny when it breaks.
Tug of War
Equipment Needed – Strong, thick rope (not nylon, which can stretch and break).
How to Play – Divide the group into two teams (try to make them even by total size, not necessarily by numbers). On the mark, each team tries to pull the other across a line – a small creek, mud hole, or the stream of water created by a hose.
Variation – One branch of the family against the other, male against female, et cetera.
Themed Dinners and Days
What better theme for your family reunion than the history of your family? Actually, Mister Spiffy can name a few, but I told him that some people like learning about their family. He’s not making those snide remarks anymore.
- Location – A family homestead or the basic area where your ancestors lived.
- Food – Food that your ancestors would have eaten (crickets, haggis, horse meat, crispy and crunchy live cockroaches – on second thought, maybe you ought to just pretend that it’s what your ancestors would have eaten).
- Activities – Create a wall chart of your family so everyone can see how they are related. If you don’t have all the information, leave a marker out and ask family members to write on the chart to fill in the blanks if they know anything you don’t.
- Games – Trivial pursuit, with questions about your family and ancestors. It would probably be very hard, but go for it.
- Dress – In the ethnic costume of your ancestors.
- Decorations – Display historical memorabilia from your family and ancestors. Anything you have, display it.
Make a run for the bord... oops, I think that's trademarked. Anyways, pull out all those chili peppers stacking up in your cellar (most of you don’t, but Mister Spiffy insists on putting that in there – just in case).
- Location – Mexico. No, ha, ha, just kidding. Basically anyplace you can turn into a Mexican fiesta. A Mexican restaurant would be a nice place, but I don’t know if they would appreciate piñatas and the Mexican Hat Dance.
- Invitation – You could go with the basic "You’re invited to a fiesta!" or you could go really wild and throw a little bit of Spanish in there, like, "Hola! You’re invited to a fiesta! Ole!". Mister Spiffy took German, not Spanish.
- Food – Enchiladas, quesadillas, burritos, tacos, tacquitos, other various Mexican dishes. Of course, you could always make normal food and disguise it as Mexican…heh, heh, heh…
- Activities – Piñatas, of course, that’s a given. You can really do anything that involves saying something in Spanish, and let’s not forget the Mexican Hat Dance. Just get a big sombrero, turn on the music, and have at it.
- Games - Tortilla toss. Throw it like a frisbee for distance. Mister Spiffy points out it's not as easy as a real frisbee!
- Dress – Mexican, silly.
- Decorations – Sombreros! Sombreros everywhere! Mister Spiffy loves sombreros. Give people sombreros when they arrive – if you can’t afford a sombrero for everyone, just print out a lot of copies of pictures of sombreros, and tape them to people’s forehead as they arrive. And don't forget the hanging chilis you dragged out of the cellar.
- Awards – Most authentic Mexican dress, biggest sombrero, brightest sombrero. Also have awards for the Mexican Hat Dance.
Can’t afford to go to Hawaii? Well, Mister Spiffy can’t either, so don’t feel bad. The Hawaiian Luau family reunion is the next best thing. This reunion works best if you have access to a swimming pool, or some other place you can get yourself moist.
- Location – Someplace with water – a swimming pool, a swimming hole, a mud puddle. Whatever works.
- Food – Pig roast, pineapple, coconut (with half shell coconut glasses).
- Activities – Swimming, hula dancing
- Games – How low can you go? Let’s limbo!
- Dress – Hawaiian shirts for those who have them (they’re "in" now, Mister Spiffy noticed), Bermuda shorts, grass skirts. Have someone pass out multi-colored leis (along with a kiss on the cheek) as people arrive.
- Decorations – Fresh flowers, straw huts, glowing volcanoes, lots and lots of fruits.
- Awards – Wildest shirt, best hula dancer (complete with the hip swinging), limbo master.
This information is compliments of : Family-reunion.com There are many more ideas on their web site. Take a minute and click thru
Order Matching Family Tee Shirts
Order a Family Reunion T- Shirt and gear
| CHURCH RETREATS | VALENTINE ROMANCE | FAMILY REUNIONS | WEDDING PACKAGES | HONEYMOON/ ANNIVERSARY | Romantic Gift Baskets |
| Return Home | Photo Gallery | Location & Layout | Availability & Rates | Book Reservation | PIECE OF HEAVEN CABIN | Links To Fun | SPEICAL PACKAGES |